Video, Audio, EventsRSS feed for this section
Polls show pretty clearly that the public isn’t enthusiastic about getting involved in more wars. To many elites, this is dangerous isolationism and a retreat from America’s rightful position as a superpower. Carl Conetta of the Project on Defense Alternatives has taken a deep look at public opinion, and CounterSpin talked with him about the problems with elite rhetoric about isolationism.
(HTML version) A leadership roundtable sponsored by the Security Policy Working Group (SPWG), Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 14 December 2006.
(audio available) On Point, WBUR-Boston, interview featuring Charles Knight, 16 April 2002. Explores the prospects for a “new” kind of peace movement post 9/11.
Get PDA's Reset Defense Bulletin providing a review of the most important news, views, and analysis of efforts to put US defense policy, posture, and budgeting on a more effective and sustainable path. It is published eleven times a year. Always easy to unsubscribe. We care about your email address privacy.
- Trump & Taiwan -- Steps Toward War, Reset Defense Bulletin, December 2016
- Special Online Video Discussion on Reinventing US Foreign Policy
- ‘the eternally recurring colossal cock-up’ - Reset Defense Bulletin
- Can 'all the king's men' put Iraq together again? - Reset Defense Bulletin
- Strategic Hazard: Offensive Cyber Effects Operations - Reset Defense Bulletin
- Public favors ISIS war & Pentagon budget hike? - Reset Defense Bulletin
- Making a Nuclear Deal w/ Iran Stick - Reset Defense Bulletin 03/23/2015
- Bigger Budget & More Strategic Failure - Reset Defense Bulletin 02/10/2015
Get Website Updates via Email
What We Do
- In the News
- Resource Compilations
- Resource Libraries
- Video, Audio, Events
Info & Contact
Project on Defense Alternatives
Center for International Policy
2000 M St., NW
Washington, DC 20036-3327
Phone (202) 232-3317