(HTML version) by Charles Knight, Time Battleland, 24 August 2012. The Reasonable Defense plan demonstrates how carefully conceived changes to the Pentagon budget can be consistent with economic recovery and also provide ample military capacity to protect America and our core commitments abroad.
USA and Allies Outspend Potential Rivals on Military by Four-to-One; America Carries Much of the Defense Burden for its Allies
Get PDA's Reset Defense Bulletin! providing a bi-weekly review of the most important news, views, and analysis of efforts to put US defense policy, posture, and budgeting on a more effective and sustainable path.
- Public support for new war, military activism and higher Pentagon spending - Reset Defense Bulletin 10/16/14
- Washington leads with militarized responses - Reset Defense Bulletin 09/17/14
- Navy Passes Buck on 'Boomer' Buy - Reset Defense Bulletin 07/23/14
- 'Mission Match' not 'Mission Creep' in Iraq - Reset Defense Bulletin 07/08/14
- Reset Defense Bulletin 06/19/14 - The Iraq Crisis and U.S. Post-war Strategy
- Reset Defense Bulletin 06/04/14 - OCO to fund Obama's new security initiatives, busting budgetary restraint
- Reset Defense Bulletin 05/12/14 - Russia, NATO and American Power
- Reset Defense Bulletin 04/22/14 - First Syria, Now Ukraine: What Explains the U.S. Public's Reluctance to Intervene?
What We Do
- In the News
- Resource Compilations
- Resource Libraries
- Video, Audio, Events
Info & Contact
Project on Defense Alternatives
Center for International Policy
2000 M St., NW
Washington, DC 20036-3327
Phone (202) 232-3317