Wars & Military OperationsRSS feed for this section
(HTML version) by Charles Knight, PDA commentary, July 2007.
(printable PDF version) by Carl Conetta, PDA Briefing Memo #40, 18 January 2007. The memo argues that the large-scale US military presence in Iraq makes sustainable progress toward peace and stability there impossible. It advances an alternative approach to stabilizing Iraq that hinges on a short timeline for US troop withdrawal and a new international effort including Iraq’s neighbors.
(HTML version) by Carl Conetta, PDA Commentary in Common Dreams, 10 January 2007.
(HTML version) (printable PDF version) by Carl Conetta, PDA Briefing Memo #38, 25 September 2006. The memo analyzes the change in the incidence of terrorism since 11 September 2001, finding a distinct increase. It also summarizes the findings of various studies on the relationship between the Iraq war and terrorism which show that in the words of one, the Iraq war “has reinforced the determination of terrorists who were already committed to attacking the West and motivated others who were not.”
We Can See Clearly Now: The Limits of Foresight in the pre-World War II Revolution in Military Affairs (RMA)
Get PDA's Reset Defense Bulletin providing a review of the most important news, views, and analysis of efforts to put US defense policy, posture, and budgeting on a more effective and sustainable path. It is published eleven times a year. Always easy to unsubscribe. We care about your email address privacy.
- The case for cooperative "win-win" diplomacy to prevent war with North Korea
- Trump & Taiwan -- Steps Toward War, Reset Defense Bulletin, December 2016
- Special Online Video Discussion on Reinventing US Foreign Policy
- ‘the eternally recurring colossal cock-up’ - Reset Defense Bulletin
- Can 'all the king's men' put Iraq together again? - Reset Defense Bulletin
- Strategic Hazard: Offensive Cyber Effects Operations - Reset Defense Bulletin
- Public favors ISIS war & Pentagon budget hike? - Reset Defense Bulletin
- Making a Nuclear Deal w/ Iran Stick - Reset Defense Bulletin 03/23/2015
Get Website Updates via Email
What We Do
- In the News
- Resource Compilations
- Resource Libraries
- Video, Audio, Events
Project on Defense Alternatives
Center for International Policy
2000 M St., NW
Washington, DC 20036-3327
Phone (202) 232-3317